EFFIZIENTLINK DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
Our website and services including all websites, mobile applications and any other interactive properties (social media platforms, etc) collectively termed as the “Online Services” are owned, operated and distributed by Effizient Global Solutions (“EffizientLink”).
When accessing any part of the Online Services, you automatically agree to terms and conditions described in our EffizientLink Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) and the terms and conditions of our Terms & Conditions. If you do not agree to any part of our terms and conditions, you should refrain from using or downloading any part of the Online Services. This Notice hereby applies to all users who merely view the content as well as registered members of EffizientLink.com.
This Notice describes how EffizientLink, either by itself or through a third party engaged by EffizientLink which may include any service provider, uses your Personal Data.
EffizientLink shall have the right to modify, update or amend the terms of this Notice at any time by placing the updated Notice on the Online Services. By continuing to communicate with EffizientLink or use the Online Services following the modifications, updates or amendments to this Notice, such actions shall signify your acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments. Please note that the protection of your Personal Data is of critical importance to us. Thus, we have developed this Notice in order for you to comprehend how we collect, organize, present and/or use your Personal Data.
Voluntary disclosure of any personal information through our social media platforms or our affiliated Forum could be collected by external parties. Kindly exercise due caution when disclosing any of this information on the said platforms. Information provided as part of your member profile reflects your stance in what you are willing to reveal in public. We encourage our members to consider what information they choose to reveal on these public platforms.
EffizientLink might contain links to other website and sources in order to enhance information display or communication with members and site visitors. However, EffizientLink is not responsible for privacy practices or content of any other sources. The privacy policies of these sources should be reviewed separately to determine if it is in agreement with the user or site visitor of the EffizientLink.
The Online Services provided is hosted in Malaysia. If you are accessing the Online Services from other continents, or any other region with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use and disclosure of which differ from the laws of Malaysia, please be advised that your continued use of our Online Services which is governed by Malaysian law, this Notice and the Terms & Conditions, you hereby transfer your Personal Data to Malaysia and automatically consent to that transfer.
The following outlines this Notice:
Collection of Personal Data
2. The provision of certain Personal Data is mandatory in certain circumstances and if you do not provide such Personal Data, EffizientLink will not be able to provide you the products or services you have requested. In most circumstances, the provision of your Personal Data is voluntary but if you do not provide EffizientLink with your Personal Data, EffizientLink may not be able to provide the products or services you have requested or attend to your request in an efficient manner and you may not be able to enjoy the benefit of offers and promotions by EffizientLink.
3. Third party advertising might be used by EffizientLink to display information or collect site visitor data in order to enhance future services and products by EffizientLink. Within this process, third party advertisers and other service providers engaged by EffizientLink might place or recognize “cookies” on said browsers or similar technology such as web beacons or Java scripts.
Sources of Personal Data4>
4. In addition to the Personal Data you provide to EffizientLink directly, EffizientLink may also collect your Personal Data from a variety of sources, and in various ways such as:-
a. Through your access and use of the Online Services and other online and telephone services, including the customer call centre;
b. During interactions and communications between you and EffizientLink representatives and/or third parties;
c. When you complete an application form, enquiry form, purchase order, questionnaire, competition or survey;
d. When you provide feedback regarding EffizientLink Online Services;
e. When you participate in EffizientLink offers and promotions;
f. From third parties such as EffizientLink authorized third party service providers.
Purposes of Processing
5. EffizientLink may use and process your Personal Data to provide you the products and/or services you have requested, to perform the contract you have entered into with EffizientLink and for the purposes relating to the business and activities of EffizientLink which shall include, without limitation the following (“the Purposes”):
a. to process, confirm and fulfill your requests regarding EffizientLink Online Services;
b. to contact you regarding your subscription, purchases, enquiries and requests;
c. for user identification for login to Online Services, portals and other online services provided by or on behalf of EffizientLink;
d. to comply with or to enforce the terms and conditions of any contract or agreement entered into by or on behalf of EffizientLink to which EffizientLink is otherwise bound or is obliged to observe;
e. to process payment transactions;
g. for internal administrative purposes, such as auditing;
h. for internal and external investigations;
i. for purposes of detection, prevention and prosecution of crime;
j. to conduct audit and investigations, and manage risks and crises;
k. to enforce or defend EffizientLink or its affiliates’ legal rights, interests or property and/or to obtain legal advice;
l. for EffizientLink to comply with its obligations under law whether within or outside Malaysia; and you agree and consent to EffizientLink using and processing your Personal Data in the manner as identified in this Notice.
Marketing and promotional purposes
6. Unless you have indicated otherwise, EffizientLink may also use and process your Personal Data for marketing and advertising purposes such as to send you communication regarding EffizientLink latest offers, promotions, products or services such as newsletters or flyers by way of e-mail, post, phone calls and social media platforms (“Marketing Purposes”).
If you do not consent to EffizientLink processing your Personal Data for the Marketing Purposes, please unsubscribe or make such indication by way of the “opt-out” check box or by emailing EffizientLink (as the case may be).
Disclosure and Transfer of Personal Data
7. Your Personal Data may be transferred to, stored, used and processed in a jurisdiction other than Malaysia, such as in the following circumstances:
a. where EffizientLink administrative functions are being performed outside of Malaysia;
b. where EffizientLink or its service providers’ servers or back-up servers are located outside of Malaysia;
c. where personal information is required to be disclosed to various law enforcement agencies outside of Malaysia;
d. where EffizientLink service providers, contractors, agents or partners are located outside of Malaysia; and you understand and consent to the transfer of your Personal Data out of Malaysia as described herein.
8. Your Personal Data may be transferred, accessed or disclosed to third parties for the Purposes or for Marketing Purposes. Further, EffizientLink may engage other companies, service providers or individuals to perform functions on EffizientLink’s behalf, and consequently may provide access to or disclose your Personal Data to such service providers or third parties. The third parties referred to in this section include (without limitation):
a. EffizientLink professional advisors, including legal advisors, auditors, accountants and consultants;
b. service providers such as EffizientLink’s information technology (IT) service provider;
c. EffizientLink’s social media agency; and regulatory and governmental authorities within and outside Malaysia, in order to comply with statutory and government requirements.
d. Your Personal Data may also be shared in connection with a corporate transaction involving EffizientLink, such as an incorporation, sale of a subsidiary or a division, merger, consolidation, acquisition, change of management control, asset sale, reorganization or in the unlikely event of winding-up or bankruptcy.
Personal Information from Minors and Other Individuals
9. As a parent or legal guardian, please do not allow the minor (individuals under 18 years of age) under your care to submit Personal Data to EffizientLink. In the event that such Personal Data is provided to EffizientLink, you hereby consent to the processing of the minor’s Personal Data as his/her parent or legal guardian and personally accept and agree to be bound by this Notice and take responsibility for his or her actions.
Access & Correction Requests, Inquiries or Complaints
10. Subject to any exceptions under applicable laws, you may request for access to and/or request correction of your Personal Data, request to limit the processing of your Personal Data for the Purposes or for Marketing Purposes and/or make any inquiries or complaints regarding your Personal Data by contacting:-
Customer Service Representative
11. Please note that if you withdraw your consent for EffizientLink to process your Personal Data for the Purposes or for Marketing Purposes, EffizientLink may consequently not be able to transact with you and may be unable to provide you the products or services which you have requested.
12. In respect of your right to access and/or correct your Personal Data, EffizientLink has the right to refuse your requests for reasons permitted under law, such as where EffizientLink is not supplied with such information as is reasonably required to locate the Personal Data to which the data access request relates or ascertain in what way the Personal Data to which the data correction request relates is incorrect.
Acknowledgement and Consent
13. By communicating or engaging with EffizientLink, or using the Online Services, you acknowledge that you have read and understood this Notice and agree and consent to the use, processing and transfer of your Personal Data by EffizientLink as described in this Notice.
14. For a translation in Malay language, please click here.